Monday, January 7, 2013

Fitness update

J and I both signed up for a weight loss challenge. We are part of a Facebook group where members put $20 in a pot to join. Each week we submit pictures of our feet on our scales, showing our current weight. A moderator keeps track of percentage lost and the winner after several weeks wins the $. I participated in one challenge before Christmas. It was encouraging and fun, I really hope to be more successful this time around. I think the winner last round won around $500!

Roller derby started up again after the break. I love it, but sure feel foolish and inadequate at times. Most activities I have participated in when I was younger i was very good at, so it's hard to be "derby dumb" (that's how I feel). But slowly I am getting it. It's tough to learn to skate and stay on my feet, know the rules (new changes at that!) and strategies of the game and work together as a team all at the same time. I will get it, really I will.

I am doing the elimination diet the doctor gave me. It is tough but I am getting the hang of it. I hope that all this hard work will bring results! It would be nice to feel healthier, lose weight, not wake up sneezing and stop having pain. That would be nice!

1 comment:

One Crowded House said...

That is a great picture!

And I'm very proud of you for stepping out of your comfort zone!