Friday, September 5, 2014

New Art Studio

I have been renting a room for my art studio at a building about thirty minutes from my home for almost a year. I have loved having my own space to create without distractions and clutter in my house. However, there is always a guilty feeling when I am gone, and lots of time spent commuting. Plus the rent, although reasonable for the space, was still money I could be spending on other things for my business.

I decided to see if we could use an outbuilding as a studio, and J started getting to work on cleaning out a little 80 sq. ft. garden shed. I have been scouring Pinterest with ideas of what I want and he has been busy building. It's starting to get close to completion.

I am excited to decorate! I want a gypsy wagon/boho feel, so I have been shopping at thrift and antique stores to find items like scarves, pillows and storage options. I need to make the most out of this small space, so we put up peg board to store art supplies. I also found this little child's desk today that I fit in for $20!

No comments: