Thursday, November 8, 2007

Elijah Update

Here is an update on our sweet little boy...

Elijah is doing so well, happy and silly as ever. He’s definitely not shy about asking for attention, and he is always the first to start climbing on your lap if you sit down in the Boat room. He’s always jumping and dancing, and is so much fun! It is so easy to make him laugh, and he has SUCH a great laugh! I was playing in his room recently, and all I had to do was give him a silly look, and he kept doubling over, laughing and laughing, no matter how many times I did it. He’s going to have a happy outlook on life. One day I. was angry with Elijah about something, and a nanny told I. to give Elijah a kiss and forgive him. Instead, Elijah gave I. a kiss, and kept giving him kiss after kiss, which made I. so mad! This morning one of our volunteers left in the truck, and all the Boat kids came to the front gate to say goodbye. We were all laughing at Elijah because he was leaning out so far, waving both hands so vigorously, yelling “BYE!” We have a good welcoming and sending-off committee. He loves the evening videos, and tries hard to sing along, which is adorable. He keeps very busy, pushing chairs and beds around the room and hallway. He’s great at giving kisses, and saying “ba!” when he gives them. He tries hard to help M. give S. his meds, but he just likes to grab the syringes and then lick his hands. He still is saying mostly “ba” and “mama”, and today when a nanny kept trying to get him to say “papa”, he would say “ahpa” and then laugh at himself. Elijah weighs 21 pounds, 10 ounces this month.


I miss him a lot. I am hoping we can go visit him in March/April. Hopefully we can find low airfare to Florida.

No comments: