Thursday, March 18, 2010

News

Many things have been happening in Uganda right now, but i won't go into it too much. Things have been an emotional roller coaster ride. We had a big high yesterday with great news, then a low this morning with rumors of not good news. Then I heard from our lawyer right after about how he will send our affidavit tomorrow or Tuesday. He is planning on visiting Mercy early next week too and is working on our case!! Hurray. I can't ask you enough to PLEASE PRAY!!!! Every time you think of it, please pray for our sweet Mercy and our family. Print out a pic of her and post it on your bathroom mirror. Put it on your fridge. This is so hard and we need all of your love and support and most of all help from the Lord.

Here is a post I wrote last night:
My conversation with God
Me in pink
God in white

Here is a little girl who needs a family. I think she should be yours.
Now? It seems like we just brought home our son! We are busy, the kids are still all getting used to each other.
Yes, now. She needs a family very soon. She is sick and needs help.
James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

But weren't going to do another international adoption, at least not right now. While we are so blessed with the two boys you have brought to us, it is so hard. The wait, the cost, the drama, the politics, the emotional ups and downs...We haven't been saving any money since this is so unexpected. We need to come up with how much, by when???
You've already been through this before. You are well prepared. And don't worry about the money. I'll provide.
Philippians 4:19 And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.


This little girl has so many unknown medical issues. This is very scary!
Don't worry, it will be ok. This little girl is meant to be with you, no matter her condition. I've prepared you for such a time as this by caring for several of my special little ones. I'll give you strength.
Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

We will have to leave our children at home while we travel across the world. We may have to be there for a long time! That's not fair to our kids, our friends or our family. What about J's job?
Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

I don't know if we can handle this, are you really sure? Six kids? People will think we are crazy!
I won't give you more than you can handle.
Psalm 18:32 It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.
Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

No comments: