Monday, June 21, 2010

news

I've been so busy I haven't had much opportunity to blog. Here are some short little updates about life right now:
  • We had a great weekend seeing family and friends. On Sat. we went to reunion for COTP kids and volunteers. It was a great time and we are so glad we had the chance to go! On Sunday we went to church and then to a Father's Day brunch at my aunt and uncle's house. One of my dad's sisters is very sick and she was able to come over to visit. It was really nice to see my dad's side of the family. It seems there are years between get togethers even though most of live so close to each other.
  • We had a good father's day. My kid's father (my love) did NOT have to work! We came home after the family brunch, made a special dinner and cake, and watched Alice In Wonderland together.
  • L. had the opportunity to work at Grandma and Grandpa's house over the weekend (he missed the reunion but met us at the family event). His aunt and uncle graciously made a donation to him too, so he getting close to earning his fees for his mission trip to Mexico. He is leaving mid-July with a group from our church. I am a little worried. Grandma is a lot worried!
  • The boys and J. had a great trip over the mountain to visit family and celebrate J's brother's college graduation. I really enjoyed the quiet time and fun activities with the girls.
  • M. in Africa is really not doing well. Our attorney was out of town dealing with a death in the family. Courts are closing in July sometime. We are hoping we might be able to get a court date before courts close. Hoping for some end in sight to be able to bring her home. Many people have been helping us with suggestions and advice on what we can do to help M. She was going to head to the doctor and get some blood work done today to see if there is a problem with the medication she is on. Our congressman's office called today. She is trying to see if they can do anything to help speed things up, at least on the US side of things.
  • If we travel soon, we are going to be paying big bucks for airline tickets.
  • The weather here has been a little strange. Cold and rainy for five days, then one beautiful weather day. Then back to cold and rainy. Sometimes it's cold and rainy most of the day, then it clears up for a few hours.
  • We are planning a camping trip at the end of the month. My hubby will be working. I am a bit nervous about how that will all work out, since we will be in a tent! We will have friends around so at least more eyes to watch kids.
  • VBS is this week. E. is really liking it! He did great today, and I hope he will continue to enjoy the remainder.
  • My friend is coming to visit tomorrow. She and her family moved and I miss them terribly. I have been trying to clean up the house and get ready for her to visit.

No comments: