Thursday, December 23, 2010

nearly here!

Christmas is nearly here. I have been thinking about how much my children learn from the world. We don't have television, we haven't been to the mall, yet they still talk more about Santa than Jesus on His birthday. The older kids understand the true meaning but are still "wrapped up" in gifts. (get it?). But when I talk about Jesus' birth, the little boys just don't get it and start talking about their own birthdays. It reminds me of true human nature and our selfish behaviour. Sometimes looking at my kids is like holding a mirror up to my face. Do I truly understand and celebrate the real meaning of Christmas? Do the activities we participate in reflect His love to others? Do I expect less from others and give more?

Haggai 1:5 Now this is what the Lord Almighty says: "Give careful thought to your ways."

So these few days leading up to Christmas I will be giving careful thought to my ways and hopefully my children will pick up some good things.

No comments: