Wednesday, February 15, 2012

First Bout

Last Saturday I experienced my first roller derby bout and was a non skating official (DEA Derby Enforcement Agency). I got to the gym early and helped lay down the track. I hung out at a friends house after, got dressed and put on makeup, fixed our hair and got ready for the big debut of my alter ego...(derby name) Scarlett Let Her. We had team photos done and a meeting with the refs and officials. I got a rundown of my duties...lineup tracker and outside white board. I learned a lot and am so excited for the next bout day in March!

Also, I got a chance to skate in a real rink last Friday on a date night with my new skates (and husband) I fell once toward the end when I was getting pretty confident and gaining speed. Oww!

Derby photo taken by Kim Lincoln Photography.

No comments: