Monday, May 14, 2007

Texas Trip

















I am back from Texas. I arrived on Sunday morning and got to spend a lovely Mothers Day with my family. I am glad to be home, but I already miss the babies and Sarah has told me how much she wishes I were there to help. She is bringing in reinforcements tomorrow. Her girls are coming in to help and visit.
My week in Texas was exhausting but so rewarding. I fell in love with these two angels, and Sarah's daughter Angeline. We had a stressful week of hospital stays, doctors and nurses, but we all had a great time with each other through it all. Check out Sarah's blog for all the details if you wish. There are some good before pictures of the girls. www.ourhaitianjourney.blogspot.com

I am praying that the girls will be released from the hospital soon. Christella has a Staph infection and rotavirus and was very sick. She is doing a bit better but is on very strong antibiotics. Helande is doing really well but may need a shunt. We will find out shortly if she does.

I am really looking forward to them coming back to Washington. I hope that we will have the opportunity to give Sarah and her family some help and be able to love and play with the babies lots. Keep them in your prayers through this recovery time.

No comments: