Thursday, November 22, 2012

Non jolly holiday

RAD sucks. E was officially diagnosed with Reactive Attachment Disorder this fall. Holidays, fun events, and even weekends are hard and at times make me want to pull my hair out when he rages or pushes buttons. It's mainly directed to me. This morning he told me again that he hates living with me.
When I totally ignore him with no interaction or connection, he seems so much more calm and content. How can a mom not show affection or love to her son?
it breaks my heart.

I found a video that explains a bit more about RAD:
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Z_CiAjbsYek

2 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Yay. It stinks. Get lots of support and try not to take it personally. I let myself be angry all the time and it didn't help anything.

Kathy Cassel said...

That was supposed to say, "Yeah, it stinks." Not "Yay" NO "yay" about it. But "yay" for you for doing the roller derby and having an outlet for yourself!