Monday, May 5, 2008

Still here...

Alex is doing fine. His swelling has gone down a bunch, but he still has a bump where his encephalocele was. It doesn't look a lot different yet. He has been rubbing his eyes and forehead lately, and I am sure it is starting to itch like crazy. He is on a fluid restriction and it makes him very irritable that he can't drink however much he wants.

I slept for a long time last night, but still feel tired. Hospitals do that to me after a while! My mom left for home yesterday and I miss having company. I've been watching tv, and thankfully I brought my laptop with me this trip so I can check emails and surf the web!

Thanks for praying for Alex.

1 comment:

Kathy C. said...

After my daughter had her cleft lip repaired both eyes were black and she looked like she'd been hit by a truck! It took a few days for all the swelling to go down and the bruising to go away.

I can't wait to see pictures of his sweet little face in a few days.