Tuesday, May 6, 2008

We are outta here!

Dr. C. came in this morning and said we can go home! We are going to hang around until Thurday, just to be sure Alex is ok and to have a day to relax at the Sharing Place before traveling. I also heard word of a "media event" on Wednesday. Dare I ask what that is? We had a story in the Sacramento Bee a few weeks ago, and they came out again yesterday for a follow up. The hospital's publicist (not sure if this is the correct title) said she was setting up an event for other media to come meet Alex. I am not too excited about this idea, because I am guessing "other media" means television cameras? We will see what happens, but oh man, I hope I don't have to do an on camera interview. I tend to get all tongue tied when it comes to that sort of thing. I do so much better writing, or talking one on one. I used to be very shy when I was younger.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you'll be heading home soon! We're keeping you and Alex in our prayers! (Good luck w/the "media event"... that would have me nervous, too!)
~ Carrie

Nina said...

Kim,

Just pretend you are Sarah during the interview :) Glad you will be on your way back and I can't wait to see Alex!

Nina

Cyndi R. said...

Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel Eph. 6:19
I have been following your blog through MAT. I will pray for you as Paul asked so that you will be calm and know the words to say when you have your media event. Think of the reporter as friend who just wants more info on MAT and how to get involved. Blessings, Cyndi R.