Monday, August 2, 2010

I am way overdue!

I hear Uganda calling...or maybe the Holy Spirit? Either way I answered the call, booked tickets are will be arriving on August 17, right after the courts reopen. I was not discouraged from coming by our attorney, in fact he is telling us that he will try to get us a court date in that time frame. We shall see. We are hoping for a miracle. Mercy is excited to meet me. I am sure she really wants to meet her daddy too. If we can get a court date, then J. will be traveling to meet us and we can all come home together, prayerfully!

We are about $3000 short for our plane tickets. There are many ways friends can support us. We are selling coffee www.justlovecoffee.come/showmercy. We are selling ice cream sandwiches, and we are holding a drawing for a nice stay at a beautiful inn in Bellingham, WA. We still have t-shirts for sale. Also friends of ours are hosting a garage sale and bake sale at our church on August 21st! Please pray for the funds to be provided so that can be one less thing to think about.

I have a lot on my mind, as I prepare the kids for back to school, clean and declutter (I'm nesting!) and pack for a three week (or longer) trip to Uganda. Plus getting all the paperwork in order, making sure the kids will be ok at home and thinking about how much I will miss them. Please keep us all in your prayers.

No comments: