Saturday, September 22, 2007

Getting ready

I am physically and mentally preparing myself for my trip to Haiti. I have been packing for a week now, tracking down items around the house, buying things I may need and making sure all of it will fit in one suitcase. I also have been preparing myself for the trip to a country I have never been. I have talked with Sarah a lot about what to expect but I know it will not be the same as actually being there. I KNOW I will come back a changed woman. I hopefully will change in a good way and become closer to the Lord. I can't wait to see my son, to make this whole adoption thing seem REAL. Right now it all seem so far away. I hope that spending time with Elijah doesn't make the wait harder, but that is something that can happen. I just pray that God will give me strength, for the journey to Haiti, to give the girls to their families, to see my son and then let him go again, and to return home with a happy heart. Please keep Sarah, me, Helande and Christella in your prayers this week and next.

A sad goodbye to these precious babies. They have certainly touched many people here in the USA. I know God has a plan for both of them and I pray that He will protect their health and their lives in Haiti. I am so glad they are going to parents that love them so much, but I am also so sad to think I will most likely not see them again. I will miss you both so much.

No comments: