Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bullet point post

  • I am very tired, but can't seem to fall asleep at an early hour lately. Too much to do, too little time (at least while the kids are awake)
  • E. and S. both have been taking naps the last 3 days...at the same time! You can not imagine how quiet my house is for two whole hours!
  • I made homemade laundry soap from the directions in the Duggar's book. It is really cheap and seems to work very well! Thanks Duggars.
  • My girls were 25 minutes late on the bus ride home yesterday. I called the school and they told me the bus left late so they would be about 5-10 minutes late. I said, "they are 25 minutes late!" and they transferred me to the garage. The bus driver drove past our stop, and was going to be driving them home in a few more minutes. K. was really upset and scared. I was too.
  • Today is C.'s birthday. She is 11 years old. She is not allowed to bring treats to class, but did get a surprise slice of bakery cake in her lunch, thanks to her considerate daddy.
  • S. has been really sick the last week. He is finally starting to show signs that he is feeling better. Fever, cough, runny nose, headache... not fun. Too bad our doctor's office was out of flu shots when he had his check up last week.
  • My boys (especially E.) LOVE Yo Gabba Gabba. They don't really like to watch any other show. It's a bit strange.
  • S. is 21 months old. He is into EVERYTHING and it's like watching a pin ball bounce from here to there. Right now he is tearing into a box and pulling out the contents. The bad part is he doesn't stop when I give him verbal direction. I have to physically go and stop him from what he is doing, put the item up high, and watch him throw a magnificent tantrum!
  • I am pretty sure fall is here to stay. We woke to fog this morning, and it was kind of pretty.
  • K. is liking school but is struggling with learning to read. Since I was homeschooling her, I didn't push her too hard. Now that she is in 1st grade and her classmates are already good readers, she will be in a special reading program. I hope it helps her and that she feels good about going to that special reading teacher and class.
  • The little boys are getting dedicated in church next month. We need to come up with life bible verses for each one. Any ideas?
Prayer Requests:
  • My mom has been having medical problems. Pray she is feeling better soon.
  • My friend Sarah has been having a hard time with many things in her life now, and yesterday she got some bad news about her son Isaac. He's been waiting in Haiti for 3 years and it may be even longer.
  • Please pray S. gets better soon and the rest of our family will be spared. It's gone through three people already.
  • Pray that I will hear from C.'s teacher soon and that she will enjoy school more and catch up with her peers.
  • Pray for my friend Laurel who is going through a rough time on top of transitioning to a new job/home.
  • Pray for families waiting for their kids from Haiti and Africa.
  • Pray for the kids waiting for help from MAT.
  • Pray for the missionaries around the world doing the hardest job for the Lord.
  • How can I pray for you?

2 comments:

One Crowded House said...

I am tired too... I wake up several times throughout the night. and that is without a child waking me up. It is so frustrating.

Praying EVERYONE is well in your family speedy quick.... it is no fun to have sick little ones.

Laurel said...

Thanks for the prayers.

So sorry that K is being put in a "special reading group" after only 2 weeks of 1st grade. I thought kids were supposed to learn to read in 1st grade? A few years ago, my nephew's Kindergarten teacher told my brother and his wife, "please don't teach A. to read ... we need to keep the class together." Oh brother. I say, "Just let the kids learn."

Blessings,

Laurel