Sunday, January 22, 2012

T minus 6

No real workout was done today. I did wear my new skates around the house for about an hour tonight. I was really busy, I went from church, to DEA practice, 1 1/2 hour drive to skate shop, to a Phinneus and Ferb live show (never will get those two hours of my life back!) then 1 hour drive home. I'm so tired!

Today I learned derby skates are a lot tougher to skate on than the roller rink rentals! Yes, you could say I'm a poser, but I'll be the first to admit I know nothing and I'm starting out very slow. My goal is to wear my new skates around the house as much as possible and when I'm more confident, practice more on the cement floor in the studio (after getting some pads!).

I'm also learning slowly about the game, rules, etc. But I will get there! Today at practice I learned a ton, hopefully I will retain it all.

No comments: