Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas To Elijah


Dear Elijah,
I miss you so much. I know you may not know me or remember when we met, but the memories I have of my short time in Haiti with you will forever be in my heart. I have dreams of Haiti almost every night and I long to be there again with you, especially while we are apart for the holidays.

I pray every day for you, for the time you will be able to come home to us and live together as a family. I pray the wait will be short and a miracle may happen so we can be together soon. Every day I wait is harder and harder.

I want to show you so many things, Elijah. I want to show you your new home, your sisters and brother, your doggies and kitty, your bed, your toys. I want to show you what a family is and show you all the love your daddy and mommy have for you.

I heard this song by Third Day. It is about an adoptive family who adopted a baby from China but I think of you when I hear the lyrics…

….But half a world away I hang the stockings by the fire,
And dream about the day when I can finally call you mine.

It’s Christmas time again but you’re not home,
Your family is here and yet you’re somewhere else alone,
So tonight I pray that God will come and hold you in His arms,
And I’ll tell you from my heart, I wish you Merry Christmas.

As I hang the tinsel on the tree and watch the twinkling lights,
I’m warmed by the fire’s glow,
And outside the children tumble in a wonderland of white,
And make angels in the snow.
But half a world away you try the best to fight your tears,
And hope that heaven’s angels come to carry you here.

Christmas is a time we celebrate the Holy Child,
And we celebrate his perfect gift of Love,
He came to us to give His life and prepare a place for us,
So we could have a home with Him.

It’s Christmas time again but now you’re home,
Your family is here and now you’ll never be alone,
So tonight before you go to sleep I’ll hold you in my arms,
And I’ll tell you from my heart, I wish you Merry Christmas.

I can't wait to be able to tell you Merry Christmas and hold you in my arms. Merry Christmas from all of us Elijah.
I love you,
Mamma

No comments: