Monday, December 10, 2007

To Ella's mom and dad

This is a letter I wrote this morning to Chrstella's parents. They are going to be at Lori's clinic tomorrow and Sarah is gathering notes, pictures and letters from people to give them.



December 10, 2007

Dear John Robert and Guerda,

I wanted to write to tell you how very sorry I am about the loss of Christella. You must miss her very much. My family and I miss her very much too. She was such a blessing and joy.

I can’t believe how much she has endured in her short life, but she was so brave. I remember after meeting her at the airport and taking her to the hospital, she never cried, even in so much pain. She was so sick, but most people would have not have ever known.

When she was healthier she was such a happy little girl. She brought so much joy to everyone she met. Our family was able to care for her in our home over the summer while Sarah was in the hospital with Helande. She was so sweet and lovable and was a delight to care for. I loved to play with her; she would clap her hands and smile her silly grin.

I was so honored to have been involved with Sarah in helping with Christella and Helande. It was a blessing to travel to Haiti and bring Christella to you, healed and recovered from surgery. I will never forget how I felt when I saw her reunited with her mother. It was so good to meet you, Guerda, and hear your kind words. I will always be praying for you and your family.

We grieve with you for Christella and we hope that you will find comfort in the Lord. He is a great and loving Father who loves us all. He is playing with Christella in heaven and she is smiling her silly grin.



With love,
Kim

No comments: