Saturday, May 23, 2009


We are enjoying another beautiful day today. The older kids had a great time sleeping in the tent in the backyard for the last two nights.  This morning I found K. snuggled in bed with us though, she must have gotten cold.  The little boys had a lot of fun playing in the tent yesterday too.

J. is working all weekend, so we are on own to find some fun.  We got invited to some new church friend's home today for a bbq.  I think we may be visiting my parents on Monday too.  I think the nice weather will stick around the whole weekend!

I had a meeting for our new orphan/adoption mission group at church yesterday.  We decided on a name, Micah Project. After this verse: 
Micah 6:8 (New International Version)

 8 He has showed you, O man, what is good. 
       And what does the LORD require of you? 
       To act justly and to love mercy 
       and to walk humbly with your God.

We also worked on putting some information on a bulletin board.  I included some information about MAT and an little announcement to welcome home Elijah.

E. and S. had appointments at the Children's hospital the other day.  We were able to leave the older kids at a friend's house (she took them to a play!) so J. and I were able to focus all our time and energy on the boys.  S. had his appointment first, an evaluation for his development. He is looking good, but they recommend he sees an OT for another evaluation.   The doctor concluded that what we are doing for him at the this point is the right thing for his needs, speech, which he gets twice a month.

E. was next, after lunch at Whole Foods. I love that store, they have a very nice, healthy deli.  Yum.  E. was seeing the dermatologist.  She was almost certain his rash (which has been spreading to his scalp now) is fungal.  She did a scraping to be sure, and it is.  Since it's on his head it needs to be treated with an oral medication.  This meant that a blood test should be done to be sure he is healthy enough to handle a long dose (six weeks or more!) of the medication.  As you may remember, E. is NO fan of the needle, and I am so glad J. was there to hold him down.  I was able to wait with S. in the waiting area but could hear every minute of E. screaming and whining.  He is on day three of the meds and we will see if things look better in about a month.  

No comments: