Sunday, December 30, 2012

Feeling let down again

I don't know what it is with me and hosting get togethers! I either pick really bad days to have them, am no fun to be around, or am generally unliked. I spent all week preparing my house for a fun dance party, invited over 50 people (mainly new derby folk), went shopping and even shampooed my carpets. Five people came, total. Most of the night it was 3. I had fun and enjoyed myself but was worried about the poor turnout all evening. We had more people RSVP, but a lot had to back out last minute. I ended up crying myself to sleep that night. I am trying so hard to meet new people and fit in, but it feels impossible. I am on vacation from work all week, but have been home feeling anti-social. Blah.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Im sorry that you didn't have a better turn out. I know its hard not to take it personal.

Hugs to you!

Kathy Cassel said...

When we lived overseas, we'd have a get together and everyone would come. Maybe because there was nothing else to do and no one had family there. But families supported each other. Then we came back state side and it has been really disappointing. A handful for Ty and Jessica's graduation and the twin's homecoming. I'd hope our SS class would at least support us. I no longer attend. Sigh.
All that to say that I understand and it is so disappointing when you plan something fun and so few show up. It's embarrassing too because it's harder to entertain people when there's fewer. Wish we were closer. We could fill up each others' houses!! Hugs.