Friday, December 21, 2012

Preparing

I went to see my new naturopathic doctor to go over my blood work on Thursday morning. She told me that my thyroid medication dosage is working well, however my anti-thyroid antibodies were really really high. Which explains a bit why my medication needs to be adjusted way too often. I went expecting miraculous solutions to all
my problems: weight, allergies, depression, fatigue, sore muscles and joints. But basically I was told that I have an autoimmune disorder, which is near impossible to treat and there are not a lot of answers in the medical community. I spent the day feeling very sad and depressed. I wanted to hear that she had all the answers and during treatment I would lose weight and feel better. Now I will have to work even harder all on my own.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-thyroid_autoantibodies

I am preparing for my elimination diet to happen soon after Christmas. If you have any good non dairy, wheat, citrus, soy, nut, sugar, caffeine, aspartame, preservative, egg free recipes, I would love to try them!

1 comment:

Becky Ryder said...

I will pray for your health concerns! Do you have a juicer! Any vegetable and non citrus fruit is good to mix together. We even use kale and spinach. It's hard to find stuff without soy...I can't have that.