Saturday, April 13, 2013

Snow, rain, crab benedict and tats

This morning I woke up early and met my mom for a late birthday breakfast at The Mount Bakery Cafe. I have been dreaming about trying their Eggs Benedict for a long time now. They had a crab benny special served on a savory Belgium waffle. Mmm, mmm. After breakfast we headed to a used bookstore where I found a few books, but I'm more excited about the vintage buttons I scored!

My mom tried to convince me to head to the Farmer's Market with her but it was so cold and wet, and even snowing on the drive home!

Today is the third bout for my team Tough Love. I have still not skated in a bout/game. I was injured and then out of town, so I really would be putting myself at a greater risk of injury if I played full contact right now. I will be working hard this month and next so maybe at the May 11th bout I will make the roster! (Probably shouldn't eat any more eggs benny though.)

Thinking about derby, and my lack of enthusiasm lately, my mind went to the tradition of the "fresh meat" tattoo. It is one that many players get their first year of a steak. I'm really not excited about that idea, and being not one of tradition, I am thinking of getting a wolf tattoo. Our recently retired coach (who is also a hockey player) liked to quote a hockey coach, "The legs feed the wolf". I think that is a little more inspiring that a slab of meat.



No comments: