Wednesday, January 14, 2009


I am breaking my internet fast (which I have been really good about by the way) to ask for more prayers please. I heard about the appointment a few hours ago and here is what the email said:

I just heard from A. He said the appointment went well, however, they are now asking for an archive for his birth certificate. A explained to them how expensive it is to keep making these trip with Elijah. They seem to understand. So we'll see what happens next. A will know more by tomorrow.

So, I am not quite sure of the answers to some of the questions that the email made me ask, but I do know that more prayer is needed. I guess the best prayer would be that they will find out that the archive for the birth certificate is not needed after all and the appointment will be approved. If that can't happen, and they do need the paper, then pray that it can be obtained very quickly and without problems. Ughh, this waiting is SO hard. We went into this adoption knowing how long it typically takes. But we are at the end of that time frame now (some families wait much longer than 18 months) and the labor pains are beginning, so to speak. It could be he is home in a few weeks, or it could be longer. I am really hoping it is soon. I have been spending more time in prayer and reading the bible. I've been reading the book of James every day.
This really speaks to me:
James 1:2-4
Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.
James 1:12
God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation.

Another urgent prayer request...

Baby Bear is a baby in Haiti with spina bifida. He needs to come to the US for surgery NOW. He was supposed to arrive a few weeks ago but things keep getting delayed and messed up. He needs his passport and visa so he can travel very soon. If things are delayed even further he may not get surgery until February due to scheduling conflicts with the neurosurgeon. He may not live that long. Please pray that he will get his needed paperwork so he can travel and get life saving surgery ASAP. Check out the Medical Advocacy Team website for updates:

1 comment:

Salzwedel Family said...

I pray there will be no more delays and your "labor" can end soon!