Sunday, October 18, 2009

David Crowder and crowded house



My mom bought tickets to see the David Crowder Band in concert for J. last month. It was a very nice birthday gift of VIP passes. We got early admittance, so we were right next to the stage. My feet were sure tired after several hours of standing, but it was such a great experience! We felt really old compared to many other concertgoers who chose to stand and not sit in the seats, but we held our own. Thankfully no one got rowdy, although J. did need to say something to some 7 foot "groupie" who pushed and shoved his way right in front of us and decided to block our view. We'd been there for an hour and a half saving our spot and he got there 5 minutes before the show started. It was very rude and J. was polite about it. The guy moved. We were glad. It was a great night of wonderful worship. Afterward we were herded to another room to meet the band and get autographs. J. had a great time.

My sister's wedding shower was yesterday too. We had to change the date due to some scheduling conflicts so it ended up being the same weekend as the concert. My sister lives about an hour away from the venue so it worked out ok. My girls and I rode down to the shower with my mom. (a 3.5 hour drive) The boys and J. drove in separate car to my sister's house. After the shower we met up, left all the kids at the house and left for the concert. We didn't have time to check in to the hotel, or eat dinner, but we got there in time. The kids did great, but it was tight quarters in my sisters little house. My mom and dad stayed the night too, and everyone helped with the kids. I think it wore everyone out. We came and got them around 11 and drove home. I am exhausted!

No comments: