Thursday, October 8, 2009

To Do List

This weekend is a busy one for us. We have family coming to the boy's dedication and we will be hosting a brunch afterwards. I have a lot to do before then, but I am not very motivated to get it all done. I tend to procrastinate and that is not good when I have little time to get things finished. So here's my to do list to try to help me out a bit...
  • get allergy shots
  • clean house
  • figure out where mom and dad S. are going to sleep
  • narrow down brunch menu and figure out how much to cook for 25 people
  • grocery shop
  • figure out clothes for church and iron them
  • print out or mark in bible the verses we chose, practice reciting them a bit
  • go shopping for gifts for friends and family birthdays coming up
  • maybe if I am ambitious enough find Christmas gift to send home with in laws to save on shipping later (is this tacky?)
  • work on paperwork
  • spend time in prayer and reading scripture
  • exercise and eat right
  • take things to donate and consignment store
Here are some prayer requests.
  • My mom found out she has some serious health problems and she needs surgery in the next few months. Pray for peace and healing for her. Pray that the surgery is all that she will need to get better.
  • Pray for Isaac, Sarah's son, that his adoption will get straightened out quickly so he can get out of MOI and come home soon.
  • Pray that E. will qualify for preschool if it's the best place for him. Pray that his issues will lesson so that we can bond with him more easily.
  • Pray for S. and his health. He is starting to show some symptoms that are worrying me due to his birth defect.
  • Continue praying for my school children, that they will be a light in class, continue to work hard and succeed WITHOUT the attitude that they are learning from their peers.

2 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Sounds like you have a busy week coming up.

Momto16 said...

Prayers prayers prayers! (Especially for your Mom!)
I don't think that its tacky at all to send home gifts with the in laws- getting it done and out of the way would be a blessing. Let me know if I can bring something for Sunday.
Also- I have a BIG BOX for the resale if you want to take them for me :) hint hint... we could put it on the MAT account. :)
And I have some bottles... where are you going? Call me! LOL