Thursday, February 7, 2008

Praying


I have been praying this morning, and was telling God that all I want was a phone call...when all of a sudden the phone rang! I answered it quickly with much anticipation, but no one was on the other line. Not funny God, you didn't let me finish, I want a phone call from Robin telling me that Elijah was signed out of IBESR! I guess I will need to wait some more, and trust.

I read this passage from Psalm 102:
Lord, hear my prayer!
Listen to my plea!
Don't turn away from me in my time of distress.
Bend down to listen, and answer me quickly when I call to you.

And this is another passage that spoke to me, Psalm 104:
O Lord my God, how great you are!
You are robed with honor and majesty. You are dressed in a robe of light.
You stretch out the starry curtain of the heavens; you lay out the rafters of your home in the rain clouds.
You make the clouds your chariot; you ride upon the wings of the wind.
The winds are your messengers; flames of fire are your servants.
You placed the world on its foundation so it would never be moved. You clothed the earth with floods of water, water that covered even the mountains.
At your command, the water fled; at the sound of your thunder, it hurried away.
Mountains rose and valleys sank to the levels you decreed.
Then you set a firm boundary for the seas; so they would never again cover the earth. You make springs pour water into the ravines, so streams gush down from the mountains...

The entire Psalm is great, and it made me think about how powerful God is. He made the world, and me, and he can move mountains! He can help in my time of need, if it is His will. How can it not be His will? Why would He not want these children to have a loving home? Please Lord, help these babies come home!!!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Praying that you get THE call soon!

Nicole
Adopting Noah from COTP