Friday, June 12, 2009

Post Placement

We had our post placement visit from our homestudy worker yesterday.  It went well, although we had to talk over E. singing "Happy Birthday" to everyone he knows.  We will do his readoption within the next few months and then we will be all finished with paperwork for him. We are expected to send in reports to the orphanage twice a year, but they just need to be written up by us, nothing formal.

We also found a washer and dryer!! I can't even begin to tell you how excited that makes me.  I have been doing laundry non stop since they got set up last night. Well, I did sleep for 8 hours, but you know what I mean.  

E. has been waking up early the last few days.  I think it's because it's summer and gets light so early now. He has a dark shade on the window in his room, but his bed is right under it.  He also has been learning how to stand on his bed and open his window.  Thankfully it has an alarm on it that buzzes loudly if it's opened.

Things have continued to go well with E's transition into our home.  I have been noticing how he holds his hands the last few weeks. He has been holding in hands in a fist or makes a claw like shape with his fingers.  Not sure what that is all about.  Stress? If I continue to notice it I will talk with the doctor about it at the next visit.  He's been taking the oral antifungal which seems to be helping his skin rash!  The rash on his cheek is gone, and the little spots on his scalp seem to be getting better.

No comments: