Friday, July 31, 2009

the results are in...

I just got E.'s evaluation results in the mail today.  I am a bit confused about whether or not he will qualify for developmental preschool.  Here's what it says, in a nutshell:
Peabody Development Motor Skills score: gross motor 19th percentile, Z score -.87, fine motor 35 percentile, Z score -.40, total 23rd percentile, -.73.  Any interpretation of this would be helpful!  Also, they said the questionnaire I filled out demonstrated  sensory seeking, poor registration and sensory sensitivity. They recommend he return for ongoing OT therapy to address his tactile, proprioceptive and auditory vestipular needs.  

It's all greek to me.  I need to call my mom, she's a pro. with these types of things.  I'm reading several good books about this topic.  Hope to be well read on this soon.

No comments: