Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Tomorrow...


...is E's evaluation.  I am so anxious to hear the outcome of this.  It would be nice to know if he will qualify for developmental preschool, or if he is right on track?  Is he having some sensory processing issues or is he just a funny 3 year old boy?  Hopefully soon we will have some answers from professionals. Please pray that the OT will get an accurate picture of his history, personality, and development.  I have read a lot about kids adopted from institutions having developmental problems.  Personally, I don't define COTP as an institution.  E. got a LOT of attention, love and playtime while he was there.  I do think that he could have developmental complications due to his malnourishment at such a young age.  I do know he is smart, funny and charming.  He can climb up anything, including a 10 foot metal slide/ladder (scary).  He is clever and sneaky but super sweet.  He asked S. this morning "Do you want a banana S?"  His speech is not always clear, but I understood him clearly.  

1 comment:

Kathy Cassel said...

Hopefully they will be able to determine the best plan of action for him.