Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Support


Last night I had dinner with two friends who have adopted and have struggled with issues with their children.  We discussed them, but along with the issues we talked about how alone we feel when things get tough.  There are a few local adoption support groups who are very selective in who they allow to join.  We are working on starting up our own group open to anyone!  I am so fortunate to have a great friend I can go to with problems, questions and funny stories.  Some people are not so blessed with adoption experienced people in their life.  When things get tough, so called friends turn their heads and look away. They don't want to see the ugly side of things or get involved.  Many do not understand or know how they can help.  All I can say to people who know a family or person struggling with a problem in their life, whether it's adoption, health problems, family situations, or financial distress is REACH OUT.  Be a blessing and ask what they need, how you can help.  Don't turn away.  Be a light!

Colossians 3:24 (New International Version)

24since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

1 comment:

Salzwedel Family said...

Excellent advice! I wish people could understand how lonely this journey is at times. I am thankful for new friends I have met along the way, but wish I could have found more support with others.