Sunday, April 18, 2010

What I learned in Children's Church today

1 Kings 17

Elijah Fed by Ravens
1 Now Elijah the Tishbite, from Tishbe in Gilead, said to Ahab, "As the LORD, the God of Israel, lives, whom I serve, there will be neither dew nor rain in the next few years except at my word."

2 Then the word of the LORD came to Elijah: 3 "Leave here, turn eastward and hide in the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan. 4 You will drink from the brook, and I have ordered the ravens to feed you there."

5 So he did what the LORD had told him. He went to the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan, and stayed there. 6 The ravens brought him bread and meat in the morning and bread and meat in the evening, and he drank from the brook.


To go with today's bible lesson was this verse:

He provides food for those who fear him. Psalm 111:5

Well, I already knew this story but what a great reminder for me today! I worked in Children's Church this morning and really enjoyed this.

It is hard to remember at times how much God loves us, and will bless those who obey Him. Adoption can be so hard. Often I feel like people who have not been through it do not understand how difficult and draining it can be. I feel isolated and lonely because I don't want to complain to others about the hard times. I do not wish to discourage people from considering adoption. It is truly a blessing, but can also be so challenging. One of the things that is hard is finances. Raising a large family costs a lot! But we must fully rely on God to provide. And he does! We NEVER thought we would be where we are today. We thought we were done after our third child. Funny how the Lord has such different plans than we did. But we have obeyed and He has blessed us, far beyond financially.


No comments: