Friday, February 13, 2009

Amazing prayer

I am not sure who originally wrote this but I got permission from http://5frozenchamorros.blogspot.com/ to post this prayer on here. I think it is wonderfully written and expresses my heart exactly. I can't tell you how much my walk in faith has been strengthened since beginning this journey. Since our adoption I have become a more passionate, more caring person. I have put my trust in Him. I traveled to a third world county to volunteer. I started helping the Medical Advocacy Team and watched the organization form. I have experienced tragedy and heartbreak. I have witnessed others go through unbearable pain. I have formed a love for a culture and country which before this, I didn't really even know where it was on a map. God chose us to go through this. He knew how it would change me. He wanted me to change and I am so glad I did. I still have a long way to go!
Here is the well written prayer:

"Maybe, just maybe, the angle from which we have viewed this trial happens to be the angle of the enemy instead of God's perspective. Maybe God is taking us deeper, deeper into trust and abandonment to Him. Maybe satan wants to discourage you and your families because he sees an army of saints coming into his domain. Maybe he wants to discourage you before the war has even begun. Instead of questioning God's calling to work in and to adopt from Haiti, maybe we should praise God that He has found us worthy to endure and combat a spiritual warfare in this land enchained by darkness. Perhaps it is a blessing, God has seen that you and these families are fit for the battle. Satan knows this and is waging a violent assault to discourage us from continuing this battle. Today, lets change our prayer.

Father, we thank you for all that you are doing through the people, situations, and circumstances that are beyond our control. Father we thank you that Satan's mountains are only made of smoke. And today, Lord, we cry out to you to move the heavenly forces on our behalf and release these children from the clutch and grasp of the enemy so that they may come home. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, we bind the demonic forces of darkness, confusion, chaos, inefficiency, pride, and laziness that has brought the Haitian adoption process to a halt. Where there is darkness, we call upon Your light oh God. Where there is confusion, we pray for Your Divine Spirit of clarity, wisdom, and knowledge.

Father break these chains of darkness Lord. We don't have the power in and of ourselves but You have said that when Your people call upon Your name You will hear them and answer their prayers. In place of the chaos in this Haitian adoption system we call for Your peace and organization. Where there is inefficiency we pray for Your spirit of efficiency. Where there is pride and arrogance among the officials we pray for You to soften their hearts and Your humility to fall upon them. Where there is laziness to pray for your strength in Jesus name. Father, most of all we want to thank you. Thank you that You have seen our families as fit to conquer these demonic forces through surrender, prayer and trust in You. Thank you that this is where You have placed us today for Your purpose and plan that is far greater than anything we could imagine. Father I thank you that You see beyond our desire for a trouble-free life, You see the internal construction of our spirit taking place. We surrender to Your plans and Your timing. Thank you Father."

AMEN!

No comments: