Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

I don't want to complain, but I am all alone for V. day, with the kids. My hubby is working today and he normally gets home at 9. I was thinking we could have a few hours before bedtime to celebrate together. He just called to tell me that there was a SWAT callout, and he will most likely have a late night. Ugh. Why do people have to commit crime on my time?

Thankfully we were able to go on a date last night. He took the day/night off and we went out for italian and ice cream after. It was great to spend some time toghter without kids. Plus we got free babysitting! Our church offered childcare for couples and of course we took them up on that! Two kids were with my parents and attended a play at the Children's Theater in Seattle. They had a great time. Someday I will convince my mother that having all the kids at once is not too stressful. I have to count my blessings though, because she did have all of them while I was in the hospital last month.

Have a happy day to all my friends. Please say a prayer for safety for Jeremiah as you enjoy your V. day dinner and chocolates.

No comments: