Sunday, February 15, 2009

Hoping for Tuesday

Please pray for news for us on Tuesday. I really am hoping we hear something back from the consulate/embassy. Jeremiah has a feeling we will, and I hope he is right. The suitcase is mostly packed, I have a few things left to do, but can do most of that when Jeremiah is traveling. One major thing is to buy a bed for Elijah. I am going to wait until we get the go ahead to travel though. Since he is sleeping in a cot at the orphanage, I think that using a crib mattress on the floor might be a good transition. Thoughts? His room is childproof and has a gate in the doorway. I'm still feeling peaceful and trusting. I really would love to hear back from the consulate though, just to be sure his file is not just sitting somewhere in Haiti.

Jeremiah was safe and sound last night and made it home around 11. So not too late. I was nearly asleep though.

Church was great today. We were announced as new members to the church in the bulletin. In a few weeks when Jeremiah is not at work, we will be formally announced and are asked to greet people afterwards. This is different for us, we belonged to a Calvary Chapel, which doesn't do formal memberships. They believe that if you feel their church is your home, then you are already a member. I really like being part of this new family and look forward to the missions fair next weekend.

We also enjoyed a beautiful day full of sunshine. The kids got outside to play with our neighbor girl and rode bikes. It's been a while since they have been outside for a considerable amount of time.

1 comment:

Tommy's mommy said...

Prayers for a peaceful heart.

I think the mattress on the floor is a great idea for transition.

Let me know if I can help you!