Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Above Rubies

I had a new friend from church recommend this magazine to me. I went on the website to check it out. http://www.aboverubies.org/ I just subscribed to the magazine, available by donation. I can't wait to read my first issue. There was a poem on the site that stood out to me, here is the best part...

Oh listen, dear mother
To words that are true -
No one or nothing
Can care just like you.

Your children are blessings
Loaned from above,
More than money or things
What they need is your love.

By Cynthia Flanagan.

3 comments:

Ericka said...

That really spoke to my heart as well. I've always felt that way about my kids, they 'are loaned to me from above' and are precious cargo :)

Sarah said...

I have been receiving Above Rubies for nearly 4 years now, and it is such an incredible blessing! I am so happy that you found it! I treasure each and every copy I have, and I never get tired reading them. It is indeed a blessing to find such godly writers who truly feel children are precious cargo from above.

Anonymous said...

You will love this magazine. I have been receiving it for years and get several copies that I pass out to other homeschooling mom's at a support group.

Above Rubies has a wonderful ministry. We even had a conference and Mrs. Campbell came and spoke, it was a very uplifting and encouraging time.

Blessings,
Kimberly