Sunday, March 29, 2009

Large Family?

I was reading this post and started to think about this question. When is a family considered large? Is it 3, 4, 5 kids? I know several families with 13 kids, my close friend has 14. To me our family almost seems small because of who I hang with. When I met my husband I thought his mom was CRAZY to have 6 kids and homeschool. That is just one more child than my brood.

Having our family grow by two more kids in less than a year has been hard...
I definitely feel like life can be out of control at least once a day.
I have an obnoxious pile of laundry most of the time.
I notice the amount of groceries we go through and it seems we are always out of something.
I hardly ever have a quiet moment during the day and I cherish bedtime.
Our minivan is full, and we would have to buy a large SUV or 12 passenger van to fit one more person in our vehicle.

I feel like we are so blessed and couldn't be more happy about the number of kids God has given us. We are busy, but happy. I love our big family.

1 comment:

Raising Olives said...

I also love big families. I can't imagine growing by 2 children in a year. I love families that adopt. Thanks

Blessings,
Kimberly