Tuesday, December 8, 2009

from a visitor


It’s so good to hear from you. It was such a pleasure to meet Mercy, she is a very sweet girl and I can only imagine the joy she will bring to your life. In response to your questions about Mercy, I can only give you some limited insight since I spent a total of twenty minutes or so with Mercy. I actually came to know Mercy because her case was mentioned to me because my mentor at Yale is a world-renowned epilepsy surgeon and there was some suggestion that she might need a good epilepsy surgeon. I spoke with - who mentioned that Mercy was having seizures often, but that since changing her medication regimen she had been seizure free for several weeks and was doing well. She had seen a neurosurgeon in Kampala, but it was not at all clear what his diagnosis was. Throughout my brief time with her Mercy was extremely warm and open, in fact she jumped into my arms when I said hi to her. She was very energetic and was running around the entire time I was with her. Mercy just seems so loving and open.

I’m sorry that I can’t give you any medical information of real value, but it was difficult to get make any sort of meaningful assessment given the limited time and resources. I am hoping that Mercy’s condition remains stable and that she will get first rate care once she is here in the US. I am glad to hear that you have a neurosurgeon close by that you have a good relationship with who can take care of Mercy. I have attached the several pictures I took of her, I hope you enjoy them. Please keep in touch and let me know how Mercy is doing, and do not hesitate to e-mail me with questions anytime.

All the best,
E.

1 comment:

Momto16 said...

So nice! What an adorable picture!! :)