Friday, December 25, 2009

A rush of emotion

We've had a great day today. We celebrated Elijah's first Christmas being home with our family. It was great. Samuel is nearly two so he is at a fun age too! I have been meaning to try to call Mercy this week, but the timing just isn't working out. There is a ten hour time difference. So, we just settled with sending her an email message and keeping her in our thoughts and prayers today. While I was preparing dinner I heard a song that's been on our playlist:

by Third Day. It is about an adoptive family who adopted a baby from China…

….But half a world away I hang the stockings by the fire,
And dream about the day when I can finally call you mine.

It’s Christmas time again but you’re not home,
Your family is here and yet you’re somewhere else alone,
So tonight I pray that God will come and hold you in His arms,
And I’ll tell you from my heart, I wish you Merry Christmas.

As I hang the tinsel on the tree and watch the twinkling lights,
I’m warmed by the fire’s glow,
And outside the children tumble in a wonderland of white,
And make angels in the snow.
But half a world away you try the best to fight your tears,
And hope that heaven’s angels come to carry you here.

Christmas is a time we celebrate the Holy Child,
And we celebrate his perfect gift of Love,
He came to us to give His life and prepare a place for us,
So we could have a home with Him.

It’s Christmas time again but now you’re home,
Your family is here and now you’ll never be alone,
So tonight before you go to sleep I’ll hold you in my arms,
And I’ll tell you from my heart, I wish you Merry Christmas.

It brought a flood of emotions and memories of waiting for two years for Elijah. December 2007 is the first time I heard this song. I played it and would cry and cry. I shed some tears today while thinking about Mercy. Our family does not feel complete, not until Mercy is home with us.

I also got a message from one of Mercy's caregivers. She said Mercy is talking about going to America all the time and is very excited. She also said that it may take a while to get Ministry of Gender approval. It was not clear if it was a month or more. Please pray they can get approval soon. I have a feeling it will work out perfectly with us getting our i600a approval as well. Lord willing.

No comments: