Sunday, October 17, 2010

how I feel

This is my first try at poetry since high school. Don't judge!

Laying in the shadows while the mist slowly falls
tears falling at the same rate.

I feel lost, hopeless, forgotten,
tormented by dark thoughts of things that could be.

Daily I am reminded of the limited time I have on earth,
wishing I can go back and savor each moment with those I love.

How could God bring me as a foreigner to this place
and abandon me?

I felt my father calling me here,
obediently I came.
But where is He now, has He gone?

Is He disciplining His impatient child?
Was it really the Lord's voice I heard?

"Trust me"
Resisting the voice of darkness I turn to listen.

Now the gentleness of God's hand is guiding me,
out of the shadows through the storm of tears.

He has a plan, far better than I can imagine.
Selfishly I wish for a glimpse of that promise,
but trust.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing your heart. Praying for you daily.

The Lord is close to the broken hearted, he saves those who are crushed in spirit. The righteous may have many troubles but the Lord delivers him from them all.
Psalm 34:18

Read the whole chapter, it is really encouraging.

Hugs to you.
Melissa