My husband came home with a lot to do, and I am so glad that he had a few days off to deal with things before starting work again. In the last week he has:
- Mowed the lawn
- Cleaned the roof and gutters
- Fixed the fireplace door
- Scheduled and went to two parent teacher conferences
- Dealt with insurance companies and bills for a prosthetic leg for big K. (praise God all the fees are covered!)
- Gotten sick with a cold.
- Cooked and ran errands
THANK YOU for being such a wonderful husband and father J.
I so thankful to my mother in law who has been staying at our house since AUGUST. She is one trooper of a grandma. I am also thankful for my parents for taking kids for overnight visits, for friends who have taken kids to do fun activities, brought over a meal or two, fixed our oven, refrigerator and gave a discount on the repairs for the fireplace door. I am so grateful for your prayers.
Since I really have no idea of when I will return home, I decided to spend a little bit of my time here planning and making lists. I am a list maker! I need some ideas and imput from you.
1. Ideas for easy, healthy meals. I don't really need recipes, just ideas. Throw them out at me, I don't mind. Even if it's just "spaghetti and garlic bread", it may be something I hadn't thought about.
2. Ideas for Christmas gifts for my children and family members. We are on a budget ($25-50 a person) and I won't have much time at all to shop. I most likely won't be able to make gifts either.
3. Ideas for chore assignments for 5-6 kids ranging in ages 13 to 2.