Tuesday, October 19, 2010

making "plans"

I have learned you really can't plan how things will go here, that you just need to be very flexible and go with the flow. But I feel like it is time to start thinking about coming home again. My return flight is Nov. 3. I THINK that if something doesn't happen in the next two weeks, I may just be on that flight home. I miss my family and am tired. Many people have been going to court and some have already left with their children. While I am so happy for them, it is so difficult to see. My selfish heart thinks, "Why can't that be us? M. deserves this! I have been here a long time and am not even through the first step!"

There is also an issue that needs prayer regarding an important document that is needed to get the visa. Hopefully our lawyer is working on it as promised and we will get it taken care of soon.

Of course, if I do fly home in the next few weeks that means we will need to purchase yet ANOTHER airline ticket to come back in the future. We are out of money and are praying for God's provision for this if need be.

"You can make many plans, but the Lord's purpose will prevail." Proverbs 19:21

4 comments:

sara said...

Thinking of you Kim! Praying that your heart would be encouraged and that you would feel peace. Hoping the lawyer finds all that he needs for the visa and you get through the process so that you and M can be on that plane home!!

Laurel said...

Praying for you!!! I KNOW how hard it is. Yes. I have been there, done that.

God will provide. I KNOW it!


Laurel :)

Kathy Cassel said...

Hoping you get your own private miracle.

Momto16 said...

I will keep praying. Just do what you need to do and God will provide (Laurel's right!)
Hang in there... I can't even imagine how torn you must feel at this point.
HUGS and LOVE