Friday, October 22, 2010

A timely study

I am doing a bible study by Focus on the Family (women's series) called Balanced Living. God has used this to speak to me in just the right moment!
"When you read this bible verse (Jeremiah 29:11) and insert the Hebrew definitions it reads as follows:

For I know the purpose that I am planning for you; the purpose is for completeness, soundness, welfare and peace. The ultimate purpose of your life is not distress, misery, injury or calamity. It is to give you hope and something to expect in the after part- posterity and your reward.

If God's purpose is to bring us to completion and to give us soundness, welfare and peace, then perhaps we are not trapped in our present situation, but planted. God uses difficult circumstances to teach us contentment and to bring us closer to Him. We can say that we want to change and that we want to love God more, but He knows that without His help change is virtually impossible. Who of us will push ourselves to grow or mature on command? We can't! It's always a process. God uses our circumstances to help shape us into the women He designed us to be. Are you willing to let God have complete control of the process?"


Jeremiah 29: 12- 14
"In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. I will be found by you, says the Lord. I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and will bring you home again to your own land."

1 comment:

Momto16 said...

Perfect, thank you friend.
love
s