Tuesday, October 12, 2010

No go

We showed up at the courthouse before 9am. We noticed we were not on the court calendar. Our lawyer said he was going to talk with the judge. We waited and waited. M. got scolded when she was listening to music on the cell phone and dancing. Then we waited and waited some more. The lawyer came back at 12 and said the judge refused to hear our case. She is being tranferred at the end of the month. So we are back to the beginning. We may be able to see if another judge in the capital can hear our case since we tried to go to court here. But we will see. If not, we may have to wait until the beginning of November for another hearing to be scheduled.

Many thoughts are running through our heads. We are trying to decide what to do in the situation we have to wait several more weeks. It is so expensive to keep flying back and forth, and hard for my kids to have their mother absent. So far I have been gone from them over 6 weeks total. That's a long time! Ugh, I just want to scream and I don't understand why no one is showing any mercy on this case.

I so wish I could drown my sorrows in a pint of chocolate peanut butter ice cream.

1 comment:

James 1:27 Family said...

I was there and it's so so so so hard. I remember weeping on the floor. I wanted so desperately for someone to lift us out of the situation. I wanted someone to tell me what to do because I couldn't figure it out. Eventually, I made a plan to survive minute by minute with lots of prayer. It might be best to pray and then make a plan with your husband and then just let go and trust God with whichever children you will not be with. God knows already. They are all His and He loves them more than we do.

So sorry to hear about this. I will be praying for you.

(And I LOVE chocolate and peanut butter ice cream and there isn't any in all of Uganda!)

Many blessings,
Amy