Monday, August 24, 2009

Ch-cha-cha-cha-changes

Time to make a change...

The kids are going to school.  Yes, all three of my school aged baby bears will be attending public school.  Two of them for the first time.  I feel giddy, guilty and nervous all at the same time.  

The last six months of having E. home (yes it has nearly been six months!) has been a whirlwind of chaos and activity.  I have been having a hard time adjusting to being a mother to 5.  Add on top of that the pressures of the kids' education was just too much.  So for now, they will be trying school.  K. will be in grade 1, C. in grade 5 and L. in grade 7.  School starts on Sept. 2.  I will be praying for them EVERY day. We will see what the Lord  has for the future, but for now this is where we believe He wants us to be.  The decision was actually just made today after many discussions, lots of prayer and thought. 

After homeschooling for almost 6 years this will be quite an adjustment!  Please keep us in your prayers while we are going through this change.

I am excited at the thought of having more time to spend with E. and S.  I have lots of fun things planned for us!

4 comments:

Laurel said...

Wow! Big changes! Hope things go well for your kids; and hope your year is BLESSED with your little guys.

This next year, I am really looking forward to JUST having 6 kids at home to homeschool ... since right now I have 12 kids living at home. Big changes headed our way, too.


mama of 13

Kathy Cassel said...

You have to do what is right for you year by year. I always thought my kids would all graduate from the Christian school but switched them to public two years ago when the Christian school tuition and gas prices were killing us along with no electives for my high school kids. That school closed at the end of last year so I'm kind of glad we transferred when we did. Otherwise it would have been right before Jessica's senior year.

Sadie said...

Prayers going up!

Sandi said...

Big changes indeed, I'm glad that you found a solution that met your family's needs. We will keep all you guys in our prayers for a smooth transition and some peace in your heart. Hope to talk to you soon!