Thursday, August 6, 2009

Joy






While cleaning up the dishes tonight I experienced an overwhelming sense of joy.  My hubby J. was playing his guitar and singing worship songs while all of the kids and our visitor, Cl. were singing along.  It was like the Lord was giving me a hug, and telling me we are doing the right thing with our lives. At times I feel restless, frustrated and unsure about our direction.  But really, what control do I have to change the coarse of things?  NONE!  It is all in His hands.  I believe He is glad that we took the time to get to know Cl. better.  I am so happy my children have had the chance to meet friends from all different parts of the world.  L, C and K are patient, kind and understanding to other people's differences.  It is good to know how much they learn from these experiences and see how blessed they are to share their love, home, parent's attention, bedrooms and toys.  We've experienced heartbreak too.  It's hard to see kids leave after we have formed a bond.  We have loved a child who has passed away in another country.  The positives do outweigh the negatives.  We personally gain much from the experience, but the overall goal is to see families reunite with a healthy child.  That is pure delight.

If your family is interested in hosting a child through the Medical Advocacy Team, contact smithjklc@hotmail.com to get a host family application.

No comments: