Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday boredom

Bored today so I will give a little update for you on life here:
  • The girls' door jam broke from too much pre teen slamming.
  • I fixed it myself and then began painting said door jam.
  • I noticed other parts of the hallway that needed fresh paint so kept on going!
  • I painted for 3 hours.
  • We skipped church because of sick kids, and J. is at work.
  • E. made it home from Gramma's last night.  He did great and did not have any problems sleeping there.  He missed us though.  
  • We missed him, but did enjoy the short break.
  • E. sang "Old Mac Donald" for about half an hour on the way home followed by vomiting up a red substance.  He didn't even miss a beat. A call to Gramma revealed it was raspberries.  Yuck!
  • C. is still at Gramma's house.
  • It is still really hot in our town, but not as hot as it was a few days ago.
  • I've been praying and thinking long and hard about life.  Where and what is God calling us to do? Something is stirring in my heart, but not sure what.
  • Maybe a mission trip to Haiti?
  • Or realize my dream to live off the grid?
  • Or start my own business?
  • Or move to Hawaii?
  • I do like mild weather, or AC.  Right now we have neither.
  • Mini vans are not very reliable.  We have a warning light on the dashboard again.
  • I really like America's Best Dance Crew.  MTV is playing reruns today.  Fun.
  • When I get thin I am going to take dance lessons again.
  • Did you know I was a dancer for 13 years?
  • I danced in Washington DC Independence Day parade with my team.  
  • I had a fun time going to a movie and swimming laps with Sarah the other night.  We saw Food Inc.  If you haven't seen it, you should.  You will never look at food the same way again.
  • We are trying to come up with a plan to celebrate our 14 year anniversary at the end of the month.   We may ship the kids off to the other Grandma and Grandpa's house and stay at home.  How much fun would that be to have the house all to ourselves?  We could do some fun day trips.
  • J. is going to be in a wedding next weekend.  The groom is only 21.  I feel so old.  It's funny to think we were younger than 21 when we exchanged vows. (I was 19!)  People must have thought we were crazy.  We defied the odds.

No comments: