Friday, February 19, 2010

Patience






















In a blog post from www.myownprivatehaiti.com, Katia Ulysse wrote about a recent half marathon where she met a more experienced runner.

"What’s your secret?” I asked her.

“Patience,” the lady said matter-of-factly. “I don’t have to finish the race in five seconds. Patience allows me to keep going while 90 percent of the runners leave me behind. With patience, I can run from here to the end of the world.”

I thought about the Haitian proverb: “
Avèk pasyans, wa wè lonbrit foumi.” It takes patience to find an ant’s navel.

“Anyone can complete the distance,” the lady offered. “You need a big enough reason to start the race. But it takes patience to finish it.”

I am taking a little break from my fast to ask for more prayer. Please pray that things in Uganda will be resolved quickly so we can continue moving forward. Pray for our patience, and for Mercy. I am sure she is wondering what is taking us SO LONG!

1 comment:

Kathy C. said...

Hang in there!!!!!!!!!!! Thankfully someday this will all be a memory.