I have been working on simplifying my life the last few weeks. So far it's going slow. Here are some things I have done so far...
- Started a token earning system for the kids. They have to do chores to earn them, and can spend them on a special treat or activity, or tv/computer time. They can lose tokens by naughty behavior.
- I am editing my memberships to the several yahoo groups I've been part of. I get lots of emails in my yahoo box and most of them are from group discussions that I never even read. I just spend my time deleting. So I am taking the time now to remove myself from the groups I don't need to be part of anymore (like some Haitian adoption groups) and editing some so I don't get the emails.
- We bought a cabinet like the one below to go in the family room (it's not the prettiest thing but it was pretty inexpensive) to store stuff I don't want the little guys into (games, puzzles, playdough, craft supplies). Now I have the storage space for the stuff to put it where it belongs (dishes in the china cabinet, shoes and coats in the closet, etc.)
- I am going through everything and packing unused or unwanted items in boxes for an early spring garage sale. We are storing all the packed boxes in a room in the studio.
Here are some goals I have for the near future:
- finish painting the girl's room. It's more than halfway finished
- start doubling up on recipes and freezing meals
- continue organizing and purging