Sunday, February 21, 2010

Quick update

NO NEWS...I didn't think I would get any by this weekend, but I am a bit disappointed. I am really hoping to get some news by tomorrow from our lawyer. He's been very busy but I hope he'll take a minute to check in with us.

Also, we've been hit with the sick bug yet again. And guess who gets the brunt of it? Yep, me. I have been sore, feverish and miserable the last three days. I am so tired of being sick. The little boys seem to pick stuff up easily and then share everything with me. Does anyone know if hypothyroidism can be related to poor immune systems? It seems I have been sick a lot this winter.

It doesn't even seem like winter here! The weather has been so nice. It's supposed to be 60 degrees today. Wish I was well enough to enjoy it.

Well, back to my fast. I just wanted to give you all an update and ask for you to keep praying. I am feeling very low and we need as much prayer as possible!

On persevering prayer: "I look at a stone cutter hammering away at a rock a hundred times without so much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow it splits in two. I know it was not the one blow that did it, but all that had gone before." Author unknown.

“The great people of the earth today are the people who pray! I do not mean those who talk about prayer; nor those who say they believe in prayer; nor those who explain prayer; but I mean those who actually take the time to pray. They have not time. It must be taken from something else. That something else is important, very important and pressing, but still, less important and pressing than prayer. There are people who put prayer first, and group the other items in life's schedule around and after prayer. These are the people today who are doing the most for God in winning souls, in solving problems, in awakening churches, in supplying both men and money for mission posts, in keeping fresh and strong their lives far off in sacrificial service on the foreign field, where the thickest fighting is going on, and in keeping the old earth sweet a little while longer.” S.D. Gordon (Emphasis added)

I desire to spend time and press in prayer this week!

1 comment:

Jim and April said...

love the quotes! Prayer is one of the biggest and most important things we can do and my friend, i am praying for you today and for your healing so you can feel better and for all of us to hopefully hear good news soon from Uganda!