Thursday, February 4, 2010

Peace like a river..


I have been praying like crazy since the news about adoptions in Uganda happened. Last night as I was cleaning and doing laundry I was praying, and I felt a sense of peace wash over me. I felt this before with our son Elijah's adoption. I didn't think he would ever come home and I spend much of my time fretting and praying about it. One day I had been praying and I heard in my head a voice say to me, "Don't you trust me?" I relied on God to bring Elijah home and he did. I feel the same with Mercy. He has had his hand over this entire process, why now would he let go and let us fall? He will get her home.

In paperwork news...Jeremiah spoke to our pediatrician yesterday and I emailed Mercy's files to him to review so he can write the letter for our affidavit.

Please, please pray for the situation in Uganda. If things don't get handled properly it could shut down all adoptions from there.

No comments: